> I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiences with using SWIG to extend
> Ruby.  I would like to see some examples (especially C++ examples).

Phil,

I'm currently using a slightly modified version of SWIG1.3a5 to build a Ruby
extension to a C++ library and it's working very well. The documentation for
SWIG has not been updated to acknowledge the recently-added Ruby support but
you should be able to get enough information from it. If you download the
SWIG1.3a5 source code distribution you will find Ruby examples (including
C++) in the Examples/ruby subdirectory.

If you have some more specific questions, after you've had a chance to work
through the examples, ask away!

Hope this helps,

Lyle