I don't know how Dave and Andy did it, but here's my funny little story.

So, I saw the post about Date, and how it couldn't be used outside of the range of Unix system time and that it didn't store the value.  I didn't really understand the whole "doesn't store the value" piece, but regardless, it made me think "how could you do that?" which led to "it could almost be a transaction log for your program, you could hash each method call and it's return value or something.".  So, I'm sitting, thinking that you'd have to probably diddle the Object class or something.  Next thing I know, I turn the page in "Programming Ruby" (I'm still working through it) to Chapter 21...."Reflection, ObjectSpace, and Distributed Ruby".  Two seconds later, I'm reading about renaming Object and Class, etc....

Just wanted to know, how'd you do it Dave and Andy?  How'd you know to put that section right there and time it out like that?! ;)

You guys are good!  Bet you can't guess what I'm thinking right now?! ;)
Mike Wilson
Unix Administrator
http://ruby.weblogs.com