Richard Lionheart wrote:

> I've seen some references to Fox 1.2.  But the comments have led me to
> believe it has not yet been released.

In the beginning, there was a C++ based GUI toolkit named FOX. Later,
someone developed a Ruby interface to FOX and decided to call that Ruby
interface FXRuby. But they still are, and always will be, two separate
entities (software-wise).

FOX 1.2 has been released; see the FOX home page at
http://www.fox-toolkit.com.

There is as yet no FXRuby version which is compatible with FOX 1.2. I'd
like to believe I'll be able to produce such a beast by the end of June.

> In my Fox folder on Windows 2000Pro,  I:\Program
> Files\Ruby\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\fox,  the version.rb file defines
> fxrubyversion which returns "1.0.25".

OK.

> Am I correct that 1.0.25 is the current production version?

No.

> If not, what is,  where do I get it, and is there anymore involved than unziping it to
> replace the contents of the folder cited above?

Go to the FXRuby home page, here:

	http://www.fxruby.org

Let you eyes drift to the "Downloads" link on the left side of the page.
Click that link. When the "Downloads" page loads, look at the section
near the bottom, labelled "Binaries for Microsoft Windows". Follow that
link to the downloads section on SourceForge, where the latest release
(FXRuby 1.0.28) is at the top of the list.

It is distributed as an installer (i.e. not a zip file). When the
installer asks for an installation directory, input the directory where
you installed Ruby. In your case, it looks like that directory should be:

	I:\Program Files\Ruby

> Finally,  is there a better way to ascertain the latest version other than
> posting a question like this?

The above is one way. Whenever there's a new release, I send an e-mail
to various mailing lists (fxruby-announce, fxruby-users, foxgui-users
and ruby-talk) where FXRuby users tend to hang out. It's also listed on
the front page of the FOX Community Wiki Site (http://www.fox-toolkit.net).