Hi --

[Note: In response to Dave's comments I have change the subject
line to something a little more positive :-]

OK, here's what Dennis most recently wrote me, summarizing what his
NNTP admins told him (pertaining to the mail-> news direction):

> - Tracing messages along their Path throughout the NNTP universe is
>   practically impossible
> - There are NNTP hosts which reject certain messages
> - It is not possible to see if a certain message got rejected unless the
>   host who rejected it is your direct up-/downstream
> - None of our up-/downstreams ever rejected messages from the
>   Ruby-lang/c.l.r-gateway

You can see the roots of my pessimism :-) but I put this out there in
case it suggests anything to anyone, or a starting point for applying
Dave's testing scenario to the mail->news direction.

David

--
David A. Black
dblack / wobblini.net