Lothar Scholz wrote:

>Hello Aredridel,
>
>A> I've been working with web programming for a while now, and I've yet to
>A> find a totally satisfactory API. I like using literate URLs, and no
>A> system so far supports that well.
>
>Do we really need another one :-( ???
>
>I'm sick about having 100 different solutions with each one having its
>highlights and drawbacks but none of them competitive to J2EE, Zope or
>even PHP. Okay ruby does not have native threads so there can't be
>anything competitive to J2EE, but maybe we can get something more
>stable - that would be a huge improvement.
>
>And most important, it is time for the community to decide about 2 or
>3 standard solutions and send the rest of all this 80% unusable frameworks
>to hell. To much competition is not a healthy situation.

I think we could use at least one or 2 more to keep things interesting. ;-)

Really, i had my issues with cgi, but mostly, they are addressed in the
latest version. I tend to think that those building the apis for such
know more than i and so tho i may quibble over little stuff , i'm
grateful to have it at all. So when i get smart enuf to write my own api
that is uber oo, i might.

That is the neat thing about this stuff. For example, i ran into trouble
posting remote xml with xmlhttp. The xml was getting munged by cgi...an
equal sign in the first node was disapearing. Anyway, i went into cgi,
scared just opening it, and found that cgi used stdin. This was exciting
to me, fairly new, you know, to getting into the real code. Anyway i
dropped cgi, grabbed stdin, and all was good in my world. So i wrote my
own cgi class,  feel free to use it.

class MyCGI
    def get
       $stdin

ok id didnt do that -I'm being facetious but it's neat that i could fix
the problem by looking at the source...so if i need the api the way i
need the api i can make it so and if someone else likes it, that is good
too.

peace,:paul