On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 02:22:55AM +0900, ts wrote:
>  It's, at least for me, a usefull feature. Just imagine that you want to
>  run code that you don't trust, you don't want to have surprise : block
>  defined with $SAFE = 4 and then run with $SAFE = 0

I thought the general idiom for separating two pieces of code with
different $SAFE values was to use threads, not blocks.  Is it really a
good idea to run untrusted code in the same thread as trusted code?
(consider that the untrusted code now has write access to the trusted
code's thread-specific-storage).

Paul