Hi --

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: ruby-dev summary 23459-23562"
>     on 04/05/26, "SER" <ser / germane-software.com> writes:
>
> |Does this mean that:
> |
> |a,b = b,a
> |
> |won't work any more?  That it'll have to be:
> |a,b = Values( b,a )
>
> No.  "b,a" in "a,b = b,a" is a shorthand for "Values(b,a)".
> Note that it is still not the final decision.

I'm being stupid; I don't understand the whole Values thing.

Is it that b,a is a literal constructor for a Values object (like []
and {}, but just bare)?

How would one assign a Values object to a variable?  In other words:

   a = [1,2]        # literal array constructor
   b = {1 => 2}     # literal hash constructor

David

P.S. Your messages in this thread don't seem to have been propagated
to Usenet, so this is now a ruby-talk-only branch of the thread :-(

--
David A. Black
dblack / wobblini.net