Hi --

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Phil Tomson wrote:

> In article <m3brkcda7g.fsf / wobblini.net>,
> David Alan Black  <dblack / wobblini.net> wrote:
> >
> >I don't know exactly how such a decision would be made, but I figured
> >the first step would be to see what people think of such a move (not
> >the idea of mirroring per se, but the idea of turning off mirroring in
> >light of the fact that it doesn't work).  So.... ?
> >

> Personally, I think there is already too much fragmentation in Ruby-land.
> Separating ruby-talk from comp.lang.ruby would only make it worse.  I
> would have to keep up with two different forums if they are separated.

That's already the case, though; if you're not reading ruby-talk,
you're not seeing all of what's sent to it.

> To find information people would have to do a search at both
> groups.google.com and on www.ruby-talk.org.
>
> I have always preferred reading comp.lang.ruby over subscribing to
> ruby-talk (too much mail).  I really hope we can keep the two connected.

The problem is... they're not.  That's what I mean about its not being
about the idea of mirroring per se.  In theory I'm all for it, but
it's a question of how many months/years/whatever we want to go on
with the non-working mirror.

David

--
David A. Black