"David Alan Black" <dblack / wobblini.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:m3y8ngbsg9.fsf / wobblini.net...
> Hi --
>
> "Robert Klemme" <bob.news / gmx.net> writes:
>
> > Personally I could very well live with switching the mailing list
> > off, but then people have different preferences and I don't really
> > expect the mailing list to disappear.
>
> It wouldn't be a matter of the list disappearing, just having the list
> be separate from the newsgroup.

I know that you didn't propose that.  Maybe I wasn't clear enough...  I
was just trying to say that, *if* we want only one place, then I don't
mind if it's *not* the mailing list.  IOW: my preference is news.  :-))

>  For the record, I actually really
> like(d) the mirroring.  My first choice would be a working mirror, but

Definitely!

> I don't see how to bring that about (though I'd be glad to be proven
> wrong), and we're piling up months and months of inaccurate archives.

I liked the suggestion to make logs public so people can help out / voice
their ideas about possible reasons.

Kind regards

    robert