il 25 May 2004 04:59:27 -0700, dmertz / free.fr (denis) ha scritto::

>Nice that we are now faster than python, but there is still room for
>small improvements.
>You can find my version here:
>
>http://flwrpwr.free.fr/Ruby/bench/bench27.rb
>
>It is based on version #26 of the ruby OO bench, with the following
>changes:

another little thing:
maybe using the ugly c-ish ternary op  instead of if..then..else in
tcp.initialize may bring something ? (I see it in other places).

Also, I know asyntotically it's irrelevant, but maybe using one single
print statement with sharp-braket interpolation in main() may bring
something, and You should be able to replace Proces.times.utime with
Time.now, dunno if it gains something.
Just to go ander 100 :)