Hi --

Simon Strandgaard <neoneye / adslhome.dk> writes:

> David Alan Black <dblack / wobblini.net> wrote:
> [snip]
> > I don't know exactly how such a decision would be made, but I figured
> > the first step would be to see what people think of such a move (not
> > the idea of mirroring per se, but the idea of turning off mirroring in
> > light of the fact that it doesn't work).  So.... ?
>
> I used the newsgroup, but it was a terrible mess, replies wasn't mirrored
> correct.. etc. In paticular posts from you didn't show up on the newsgroup.
> Some time ago I switched to instead using the mailing list, and its much
> better.

If your posts get through to the newsgroup.  For me it doesn't work.
I have to read the mailing list (to make sure I see everything), and
then fire up a newsreader to actually reply to anything (unless I'm
replying to something that never made it to the newsgroup...).

> I wonder how google does it?

It doesn't -- I mean, many of the ruby-talk posts never make it to
Google.  That's one way I became aware of the problem.

David

--
David A. Black
dblack / wobblini.net