David Alan Black <dblack / wobblini.net> wrote:
[snip]
> I don't know exactly how such a decision would be made, but I figured
> the first step would be to see what people think of such a move (not
> the idea of mirroring per se, but the idea of turning off mirroring in
> light of the fact that it doesn't work).  So.... ?

I used the newsgroup, but it was a terrible mess, replies wasn't mirrored
correct.. etc. In paticular posts from you didn't show up on the newsgroup.
Some time ago I switched to instead using the mailing list, and its much
better.

I wonder how google does it?

If the news2mail cannot work in all cases, then don't.
I don't like the inconsistency introduced by partially working systems.

A consequence would be that the Ruby socierty are divided in two parts.

--
Simon Strandgaard