Hi --

matz / ruby-lang.org (Yukihiro Matsumoto) writes:

> Hi,
>
> In message "[RCR] Numeric#of"
>     on 04/05/25, "Ara.T.Howard" <ahoward / noaa.gov> writes:
>
> |this got a generally favourable reception so:
> |
> |RCR - Numeric#of - an accumlative version of Numeric#times
>
> What if n is very large number?
>
> Besides that Numeric#of is not very intuitive for me (non native
> English speaker).  It seems too vague for me.  Is the name "of" really
> OK for you guys?

My problem with it (the word, rather than the idea) is that it doesn't
make sense to me as a message being sent to an integer.  It reads more
like a keyword construct.

A couple of ideas:

  1. Integer#collect   # maybe too vague
  2. Integer#times!    # ! as a warning that results are accumulating

David

--
David A. Black
dblack / wobblini.net