Eric Hodel wrote:
> James Britt (jamesUNDERBARb / neurogami.com) wrote:
>

>>I've been using Ruby at my current job to test a web app via Internet
>>Explorer with the clIEController [0].
>>
>>The downside is it only scripts IE, and (to the best of my knowledge),
>>you cannot get to the raw markup returned to the scripted browser, so it
>>doesn't help you verify, for example, that each page is rendered as you
>>expect.
>

> You should be able to fetch it with something like:
>
> document.root.outerHTML

Yes and no.  That's available via the controller, but it gives you some
odd internal IE version of the markup; it's not the same as what you
would see if you did View|Source on the browser itself.

It's rather funky looking, so you would need to pass it through some
HTML cleaner to make it palatable to REXML.

Since it's not the markup sent from the server, and it's not XML, I
found it simpler to just walk the node tree and create the XML myself.

James