--OpLPJvDmhXTZE4Lg

Kirk Haines (khaines / enigo.com) wrote:

> On Mon, 24 May 2004 13:34:01 -0700, Eric Hodel wrote
> > To mount the servlet:
> >
> > server = WEBrick::HTTPServer.new
> > server.mount "/some/path", MyServlet, any_extra_args
>
> Thanks, Eric.  I have two questions about the servlet architecture:
>
> 1) Can the code that executes the server.mount() dynamically alter the
> mount points?  i.e. when a configuration file changes either add to or
> remove mount points?
>
> 2) What if a person has a list of a couple hundred URLs that they want
> mounted to the servlet?  Will that be ugly with Webrick, or no
> problem?

These two questions tell me you have one instance that handles many
URLs.  Instead of handling this in WEBrick, create a servlet that
handles one level up, and add a dispatcher to it (or inside IOWA, if you
already have one written).

(Instead of mounting /foo/bar and /foo/baz, mount a servlet at /foo.)

All messages signed with fingerprint:
FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

--OpLPJvDmhXTZE4Lg

--OpLPJvDmhXTZE4Lg--