il 23 May 2004 22:21:12 -0700, dlissett0 / yahoo.com (Duncan Lissett) ha
scritto::

>I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to make a faster Ruby
>implementation of Richards benchmark. Perhaps there are obvious
>problems that can be corrected?
>
>http://www.lissett.com/ben/bench1.htm

this:
class Scheduler
   @table
   @list
   @currentTcb
   @currentId
   @v1
   @v2
   @queueCount
   @holdCount

   def initialize()
      @table = Array.new(MAXTASKS,nil)
      @list = nil
      @queueCount = 0
      @holdCount = 0
   end

is not what you think, I believe :)
You can remove the @vars, at the top, leave thos in the method calls.
you don't need to show to ruby that they're instance variables the @
does this already :)

then remove the useless (). And the useless 'then's and 'return's

Next, I believe you could use attr_accessor for *many* variables.
And use a Task superclass will make the code much shorter I believe :)

Using Array.at(someIndex) is slightly faster than array[someIndex].

And I believe there is a linked list to handle a queue that probably
could be replaced from a normal Array.

Anyway, I believe that code should be rewritten from the specs, more
than just 'ported' from some other language.
hope this helps.