Richard Lionheart wrote:

> The documentation I found for these classes on FXRuby.org | API Reference
> Docs doesn't address these issues (yet).  Understanding them would help me
> (and others,  I imagine) use the good-looking GUI package more effectively.

I'm not sure if the regular FOX documentation would have addressed these
questions to your satisfaction, but I'm not sure you know about that
resource either. ;) So here's a link to the FOX home page:

	http://www.fox-toolkit.com

If you follow the "Documentation" link from the main page, you'll find a
collection of articles on different FOX programming topics, all written
by Jeroen van der Zijp, the developer of FOX.

To be sure, the documentation for FXRuby needs to be improved. On the
other hand, I don't want it to become redundant with any of the
documentation Jeroen's already written. If he already has a decent
explanation of how, say, layout managers work in FOX, it's probably not
the best use of my time to "port" that documentation to Ruby, since the
fundamental concepts are the same. ;)

> I had originally addressed this question to Hal Fulton, who said he'd post
> it on a lightly use FXRuby mail list.  I couldn't find any newsgroup that
> mirrored this list (as giganews.com does for this list),  so I decided to
> post the question here.

I (and others) have addressed those questions on the FXRuby users'
mailing list (which I saw before I came over here ;) and so I won't
rehash those answers here. It is a pretty low-traffic list, and so it
might not hurt to subscribe (see the FXRuby home page for more
information). The regular foxgui-users mailing list is higher traffic,
but on the other hand you tend to get better answers (especially those
from Jeroen himself ;).

Hope this helps,

Lyle