"Sean Russell" <ser / germane-software.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:83173408.0405230844.654d9748 / posting.google.com...
> "Robert Klemme" <bob.news / gmx.net> wrote in message
news:<2hbdqoFavb5qU1 / uni-berlin.de>...
> > Really?  How will you find those 10%?  Wouldn't you have to look at 100%
> > identify those 10%?
>
> How is that any worse that what you do now?  Are you seriously arguing
> that some improvement in the situation is worse than none?

An automated system (supposed it *could* be done) would yield the false
impression that one would not have to do anything manually any more.  That
could lead to more bugs because of less attention.

> And, no, I won't have to look at 100% of the code to find the 10%.
> I'll notice the 10% when it fails -- just like I do right now.

Might be too late then - especially for libs.  IMHO it's more efficient to
rely on tests.

    robert