Michael Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there still enough interest in a German mailinglist?
> Should I set up a ruby-de project on rubyforge.org for this purpose?

Well that depends on the traffic. If there's hardly any postings at all
it wouldn't make sense to me. But the only way to find out is running
the 'experiment': Set it up and see waht will happen.
I'll subscribe to it.

However, I wouldn't like to see the communication split up into this
news group/mailing list and another discussion 'forum'. In fact, IMO one
of the gret things of the Ruby community is this single source of
information and communication. A authoritative place to go to, when it
comes to a question about Ruby. Some DRY (or others) kind of thing.

So to me the question is: What are the topics going to be in a German
mailing list? The organisation of local Ruby meetings, perhaps? That
would be a Good Thing.

Hapy rubying

Stephan