> I'm not bagging Instiki. It's cool. RedCloth, BlueCloth or RDoc are
> all very
> well, but.. can Instiki translate between them on-the-fly (i.e. at user
> request - user A creates the page in RedCloth, but user B prefers
> BlueCloth...)? When will Instiki have a WYSIWYG editing interface?

Making the markup language interchangeable would require limiting each
at the lowest common denominator. Exactly as database abstraction
layers are doing. I think that would be quite unfortunate for Textile
to be limited by what RDoc does. And unnecessary too. RDoc makes sense
for writing code documentation where as Textile has foot notes and
tables and CSS integration suitable for many other things (such as
writing a 100-paged bachelor's project).

So. I wouldn't hold my breath for a on-the-fly convertor.

WYSIWYG would indeed be nice, though. But as another commenter wrote,
it would need to output either Textile, Markdown, or RDoc code -- not
HMTL.
--
David Heinemeier Hansson,
http://www.instiki.org/      -- A No-Step-Three Wiki in Ruby