David Heinemeier Hansson wrote:

> Rails[1] provide access to the rendered template _without_ going through
> a browser, which can then be queried through XPath (if the template uses
> XHTML). It can also provide access to the attributes assigned to make
> the template. And even to check which template was used.

I was testing a site built with JSP and similar crap, running under
WebLogic.  I needed to be sure that the user was getting what I
intended, so the test code had to make requests against the web server.

Also,out users are suing IE, so scripting the actual browser is handy
for checking that the javascript stuff worked.

James