On Fri, 21 May 2004, rolo wrote:

> Code in C++
> Initial target only win32
> will have initially only interpreter but will include JIT compiler by
> version 1.0 release. might as well have Ahead of Time compiler.
> Will share bytecodes with java as much as possible.
> will be using subversion

I don't use Windows for anything but playing games, so I may not do
anything with it until a Linux version becomes available.

> About license I feel it should not be GPL but an open source application
> which will if bought give you right to modify but not copy. If you wish to
> creates n copies you should buy n licenses.
>
> What do you all think?

I think that the copyright gives you the right to control the distribution
of your work however you like.

On a related topic, Baen Books has been including CD with some of their
books that are copyrighted with the restriction that copies can be given
away, but may not be sold (not even to recover costs).  I think that is
really cool.

-- Matt
The American Non-Sequiteur Society:  We may not make sense, but we do like
pizza.