Mark Sparshatt <msparshatt / yahoo.co.uk> wrote :
    [ Re: vuby - VM for Ruby ]
    at Fri, 21 May 2004 05:12:34 +0900

Hi.

> http://rubyforge.org/projects/yarv/

I moved project homepage to http://www.atdot.net/yarv/

BTW it's good idea to implement JIT compiler. But how? If you can,
please tell me some idea(or papers, or some reference) to realise JIT
compiler.

Some JIT compilers are developed(in Japan, the most famous one is shuJIT,
java jit compiler), but it's strongly depend on each processor(or OS)
architecture. I'm looking for some easy way to achieve this(Is it a magic? :)).

For the moment, I will implement JIT compiler with the
'dynamic replication'(or something like this).
(from 'Optimizing indirect branch prediction accuracy in virtual machine interpreters'
      http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=781162&dl=ACM&coll=portal)

Regards,
ko1
--