> From: Gavri Savio Fernandez
> To: 'ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org'

> > From: rolo [mailto:rohitlodha / hotwireindia.com]
> > Subject: Re: vuby - VM for Ruby
> >

> > on reading it fine print ( I am not a lawyer) I find point
> one is also
> > aceptable. It does not say right to free redistribution of
> > copies. so all
> > the ten is acceptable.
>

> it does say that.

sorry about that. sent the mail by mistake before i was done composing it. i intended to quote the relevant portion.
here it is:

1. Free Redistribution
The license shall not restrict any party from selling or giving away the software as a component of an aggregate software distribution containing programs from several different sources. The license shall not require a royalty or other fee for such sale.

    Rationale: By constraining the license to require free redistribution, we eliminate the temptation to throw away many long-term gains in order to make a few short-term sales dollars. If we didn't do this, there would be lots of pressure for cooperators to defect.

gavri