rolo wrote:

>About license I feel it should not be GPL but an open source application
>which will if bought give you right to modify but not copy. If you wish to
>creates n copies you should buy n licenses.

Using this license your application won't be open source, at least not
according to the Open Source Definition, which states that an open
source application should be freely redistributable.

http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php

If you do decide to license you program in this way then I think it
would be misleading to call it open source.

>What do you all think?

There are a couple of projects on Rubyforge which create vm's for ruby
that you might want to look at.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/bytecoderuby/
http://rubyforge.org/projects/yarv/

--