rolo wrote:
> Hi all

Moin!

> The ruby currently deals with only ints with one bit to differentiate it
> with object pointers. I am not sure how much improvements can be made in
> terms of speed if we deal all the primitives but I think that can be
> substantial for mathematical programs.

What you're basically proposing is compile-time method dispatch.

It means that one would no longer be able to redefine methods of
built-in classes or add singleton-methods to Objects which is quite a
limitation.

It could however make sense to implement this as an optional optimization.

Regards,
Florian Gross