Michael Neumann <mneumann / ntecs.de> wrote in message news:<20040520102456.GA1592 / miya.intranet.ntecs.de>...
> Hi,
>
> I released Ruby/DBI 0.0.23.
>
> Fixed several bugs.
> See http://ruby-dbi.rubyforge.org/ChangeLog for more changes.
>
>  * DBD::ODBC: Implemented DNS-less connections.
>
>  * DBD:SQLite: #do returns number of rows changed
>
>  * DBD::Oracle: Database#tables returns tables AND views

<snip>

Hmm....I was just wondering if views should be included as part of the
tables() method or have there own views() method because, after all,
views are not tables.  Or is this a standard defined somewhere?  I
realize that this is how Perl (and others?) do things but I'm not sure
that it's appropriate.  I'm open to arguments for or against.

Regards,

Dan