On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Jim Freeze wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Jim Freeze wrote:
> >
> > > After you put ruby.vim into the syntax directory, you may want to try from
> > > within gvim
> > >
> > > :so ${VIM}/syntax/ruby.vim
> >
> > It said it could not read this file.
> Oh, sorry. I forgot that I had to edit my ruby.vim file for gvim 5.6.

It claims I am using gvim5.7.

> I assume when you say it couldn't read it that it did read it but with
> syntax errors?

I got a white on red message saying "Can't open ${VIM}\syntax\ruby.vim"
I entered the commands with / not \ characters, but still.  there were
no complaints about syntax errors.  Also, when I type
:echo $VIM
I get
C:\Program Files\gvim5.7\vim
so the trailing 'vim57' is missing, but moving the doc and syntax directories
up one level meant that they they were not seen -- at least the help no longer
worked and I got an error asking for :syntax on.  Now I get no errors, but
it doesn't actually do anything.

> I edited the file (which wan't too difficult) and was able to remove all
> but one syntax error. Nevertheless, the syntax highlighting worked 99%.

> Jim Freeze
> jim / freeze.org

	Hugh