On Thu, 20 May 2004, Tim Hunter wrote:

> On Wed, 19 May 2004 07:19:29 -0600, Ara.T.Howard wrote:

> Ara, I received your email at my home address but my reply to your .gov
> address bounced(?). Anyway, the ImageMagick developers say that
>
> convert -quality 100 image.tif image.jp2

yes - i've done this but can subseqently show a diff of the bands using envi
(rsi inc.) or imgcmp (which ships with jasper) - it's bizarre: for the most
part the diff shows all zeros (no difference) but then 20 or 20 pixels will be
different...  at this point this discussion is well off topic but i do have
ONE more RMagick specific question to ask:

what is the most __effecient__ (we are dealing with HUGE images) to compare
the raw pixel values of two images using RMagick, eg (not efficient psuedo
code).

  tiff_pixels = Image.get_pixels
  jp2_pixels = Image.get_pixels

  i = 0