On Wed, 19 May 2004 07:19:29 -0600, Ara.T.Howard wrote:

> On Wed, 19 May 2004, Tim Hunter wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 18 May 2004 21:04:26 -0600, Ara.T.Howard wrote:
>>
>> > yes.  this worries me - it's as if the ImageMagick binding to the
>> > jasper lib is incorrectly dealing with compression/quality...  as i
>> > said before, the jasper binary handled perfectly and i get ZERO
>> > differences when comparing the bands of a tiff image and one converted
>> > via tifftopnm/jasper...

Ara, I received your email at my home address but my reply to your .gov
address bounced(?). Anyway, the ImageMagick developers say that

convert -quality 100 image.tif image.jp2

should do the trick. I see that you've already tried that with
GraphicsMagick, though. The two packages are not entirely identical, so
maybe it will work with ImageMagick.

If it doesn't work then probably you'll get faster & better answers by
posting directly to the magick-users / imagemagick.org mailing list. This is
one you have to join before you can post. The instructions are on the
ImageMagick web site. If you can get the convert command to work but the
conversion doesn't work with RMagick give me a shout and I'll investigate.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!