On Thu, 20 May 2004 03:43:22 +0900, Dave Thomas wrote:
>> OK, but I personally find it difficult to write unit tests for some
>> kind of programs (especially web and GUI applications). I don't see
>> any testing frameworks for such programs laying around. I really
>> would like to follow the path you presented above, but how can I do
>> this without being able to write tests? You said before you mostly
>> write web applications - could you share your experience regarding
>> testing them with us?
> I'm careful to separate the application and business object code from
> the UI side, making it easier to test.

Such a separation is rather obvious. The business logic is rather easy
to test, but in my experience most bugs occur on the UI side (especially
in the connection layer between UI and business logic). How do you test
UI?

> I also use a lot of meta-programming, which cuts down on the amount of
> stuff where testing is needed.

Could you elaborate some (maybe trivial) example? I know what
meta-programming is, but I don't know how can it be employed in eg. web
application testing.

> (I also have a dirty secret when it comes to unit testing, but I'm not
> going to share it here... :))

That's really a pity :)

--
Marek Janukowicz