il Tue, 18 May 2004 20:32:41 -0700, "Michael Geary"
<Mike / DeleteThis.Geary.com> ha scritto::

>Because in the real world, zero means false.

Following your logic there should be a to_bool() method for every
class , say:
an empty string, and empty array, an empty set, are clearly false.
When is a regex false? Maybe never ? What about an Hash ? what is the
behaviour you do espect ?

Note that I know that some languages have an equivalent of
to_bool()[1],
but it just makes, imo, the thing harder to grasp: when I use a new
class can I expect that
 if myobj
would fail cause ZeroableObj(0 , '') will appear as false while
MyOthjerObj(0, '') does not ?

>Suppose you have zero quarts of milk in your refrigerator. I am visiting and
>I ask:
>
>Got milk?
>
>What's your answer, yes or no?
>
>No, of course.

I agree, and I think that having a to_bool makes sense. Still, I
prefer the way it is now.