You are just making the foolish mistake of assuming that just because my
@milk_volume attribute responds to #zero? its a number, which, of course, in
this mythical example, it isn't. It's a volume type (quart, in this case, as
I'm speaking to old-fashioned types...), quite well defined, so when Rover
checks if his milk volume, he finds out the answer in only ONE unit of
measurement....

David.