Imagine that you had a very simple web based application.  It queries some
data from a database and displays it in a table.  Several of the data items
are hyperlinks that pull up some other data from a database table and
displays that in a table.  Super simple stuff.

However, here's my wrinkle.  I need to be able to produce an equivalent
application that is not web based, but rather is a standalone application
that runs under Windows.

I know that I can use exerb to package the application for installation on
other windows boxes.  I assume that there should be some relatively easy to
use widget for Fox or GTK or something that will make emulating the web
applications tables with hyperlinks simple to program, though I certainly
could use suggestions.  I haven't done any GUI programming with Ruby yet.

However, does anyone have any suggestions about the database?  There is too
much data to use an in-memory store like Madeline, but I don't want the
users to have to explicitly install any sort of database engine, either.

Thanks much,

Kirk Haines