On Tuesday, May 18, 2004, 8:28:49 PM, denis wrote:

> "Gavin Sinclair" <gsinclair / soyabean.com.au> wrote in message
> news:<43526.129.78.64.101.1084831986.squirrel / webmail.imagineis.com>...
>> I'll personally award three kudos points to anyone who implements a patch
>> to apply some level of highlighting to the console output of a unit test.
>>
>> It should try to load the 'text/highlight' package available on the RAA
>> (or some other package if appropriate) and continue gracefully without
>> highlighting if that library is not available.
>>
>> Any takers?
>>
>> Gavin

> I can have a look at it, it should be easy to do. What output do you
> want to be highlighted, and in which colors ?

In most cases, the stuff I really want to see stand out are error
messages and the backtrace, so I can see where to go looking.

If, in the backtrace, you can identify the line in the *unit test
file* and highlight that especially, that would be fantastic.

As for colour choice: I use a black background, and "bold" colours
tend to display much better.  So yellow, cyan, and green are probably
the three to use.

Cheers,
Gavin