Chris Dutton <rubyguru / hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<WCxpc.465258$Pk3.248561@pd7tw1no>...
> Hi,
>
> I'm using eRuby and mod_ruby to write some simple *.rhtml pages (I just
> switched to a host with decent support for Ruby), but there's one thing
> that's got me scratching my head.
>
> How do I set cookies?
>
> eRuby's handling all of the HTTP headers for, so by the time I get
> control back, it's too late.  If I recall correctly, there's a
> "no-header" flag, but I don't really want to have to menually output the
> normal headers on every page.
>
> I'd appreciate any light you might be able to shed on this.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Something like this is working on my host:
%> cookie.rhtml

<%
begin
require 'cgi'

COOKIE_NAME = 'mycookie'

cgi = CGI.new

if cgi.cookies[COOKIE_NAME][0]

puts 'cookie found : ' + cgi.cookies[COOKIE_NAME][0]

else

puts 'settting cookie'

cookie = CGI::Cookie.new ({'name'=>COOKIE_NAME,'value'=>'cookie
value','expires'=>Time.now + (2400*24*365)})

cgi.header({'cookie'=>[cookie]})

end

rescue Exception

	puts $!
end

%>

So the headers might not be the problem.

:Paul