"SER" <ser / germane-software.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:c8aisp$sru / odak26.prod.google.com...
> Broken record time:
>
> The problem with all of these solutions is that they are discovered at
> run-time.  I find it increasingly irritating when I have to debug
> typing errors by running an application that takes some time to get to
> the error.  Enough of those times, the error is a typing error, so that
> I've been harping lately about wanting a duck-type checker hooked in to
> "ruby -c".

I guess due to the nature of Ruby it's impossible to check this without
actually executing the code because of Ruby's dynamic typing.

If you want compile time type safety you need to use a statically typed
language.  Both types of programming languages have their pros and cons -
but you can't get both at the same time.

Regards

    robert