Carsten Eckelmann <careck / circle42.com> wrote in message news:<40A7F177.8050400 / circle42.com>...
> Hi everybody,
>
> i just had a look at some pages in the Rubygarden wiki and saw that
> someone has inserted large amounts of spam links into the pages. Please
> all have a search for 'disney' and see for yourself. I will start delete
> some of the stuff, but don't have time to do it all.
>
> BTW: this shows the beauty of wikis, that even though they are open to
> the public and event though bad people can corrupt them easily, it is
> always save to undo these things.
>
> Cheers,
> Carsten.
Perhaps some additonal wiki smarts would stop some of that. Assuming
the ip of the spammer is taken, in addition to the rollback of the
changes i suggest an option that says, 'i think this is spam' be
available. When x many people complain of a certain ip, that ip should
be bannded from further changes.

Of course that assumes the sob does not change ip periodically.

:paul