On Mon, 17 May 2004, Sascha Ebach wrote:

> Yes, that would be a great idea. Using some kind of screen cam software
> like RoboDemo (http://www.macromedia.com/software/robodemo/), but maybe
> not so expensive. It would be great to have a multipart tutorial about
> how to program the "pet store" in Rails, Cerise, Arrow, Borges, IOWA,
> ... Imagine what kind of effect this could have as presentation
> material. No other language has that. Back in the day I stumbled upon
> http://learnvisualstudio.net/ and I really liked the concept of actually
> having these video tutorials that show you exactly what you have to do.
> Think about it, this would be absolute killer presentation material for
> Ruby. But I guess nobody is going to have enough time to do this,
> including me :(

I just don't know enough about Ruby to be able to even start.  Sigh.

Another interesting point:  The .mov file for "Ruby On Rails to Basecamp"
is 160MB.  It would easily fit on an 8cm CD.  This would also be very cool
to be able to hand out pocket sized lectures.

-- Matt
The American Non-Sequiteur Society:  We may not make sense, but we do like
pizza.