Scott Rubin <srubin / fsisys.com> wrote in message news:<40A0F1D7.9010604 / fsisys.com>...
> Ok,
> 	So I have a program that uses REXML.  It works. I have working code.
> But I think something in rexml changed and now my code is broken.
> Either that or my code is broken in such a way that I cannot figure out
> the problem.

I've applied Kou's patch, since it is as good as any.

FYI, the constructor that takes a Source as an argument has been
deprecated, and is no longer supported.  This was not documented, so
my bad.  Kou's patch will get your code working, but I'm not going to
extend it to make it more complete.

Please do not use the constructor this way any longer.  If you
absolutely need to parse a doctype out of an XML document, use:

  d = Document.new( source )
  doctype = d.doctype

rather than:

  doctype = DocType.new( source )

This backwards-compatability patch will be in Ruby CVS by the end of
day, and will be in REXML 3.0.7.

Thanks.

--- SER