On May 16, 2004, at 12:00, Ian Macdonald wrote:

> Do you know of any significant differences between your library and
> this
> one?
>
>   http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/filemagic/

Oops, I didn't know that existed (I guess I wasn't very thorough in my
search). It was a very simple thing to code, so I decided to release it
after I wrote it. There are no significant differences except in that
what I wrote seems a bit more complete: you can set flags, check
validity of databases, and so forth. There is no compelling reason to
use one over the other, I'm sorry I didn't know someone already wrote
an interface.

For what it's worth, I released mine in the PD. :)
--
Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three
   steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth.