Dave Burt wrote:
> A thread starting at (ruby-talk:21131) suggests a Ruby version of this. In
> fact, RAA lists Rubots as a project that was started in December 2002 by Tim
> Bates, but never progressed.
>
> If Tim's still around, I wonder if he's got any code lying around. If not, I
> may just start trying to hack something up that mirrors Robocode fairly
> closely - it seems to me (a Ruby nuby, admittedly) a fairly good design to
> start with.

Yeah, I'm still here, lurking. Haven't had time to do anything serious
with Ruby for a while, to my chagrin. Rubots is one of those things I've
been meaning to come back to, as one does, particularly now I have a bit
more Ruby experience under my belt. As for code, most of what I have is
merely skeleton code that outlines my design - nothing functional, which
is maybe part of the reason I've not been enthused to pick it up again yet.

You're welcome to a copy of what I've done if you like; I did a fair bit
of research into how best to quarantine the robo code from the
surrounding framework which you might find useful. I'm not particularly
proud of the rest of it though, and would probably start again from
scratch if and when I took another look at it.

I agree that it would make a good way of introducing people to the
language, and this was one of the goals behind the original project. Now
that I see there is some interest, I may be inclined to take another
look at it, but as I'm drawing towards the end of the semester, not
right now. You know how it is.

Tim.

--
Tim Bates