On Sat, 15 May 2004 07:13:51 +0900, Anders Engströí wrote

> Good call. Coming from a J2EE background I'm really fed up with all
> the "e-commerce, b2c" demo applications used to prove that
> Struts/WebWork/EJB/Spring/Hibernate/C# is *the* supreme development
> platform. *But* they've provided an excellent code-base for learning
> and "best-practices". It's also crucial to demonstrate a complete, working
> "enterprise" application (from presentation tier, domain model to
> persistence/integration layer).
>
> Perhaps the Ruby equivalent would be a "Jewelry Shop"? :)

I've been out of the mainstream Java development world for a few years,
now.  I did some googling for J2EE PetShop and found a few things, including
some screenshots of one implementation of it, but I didn't find anything
that really clearly explained the scope of the Pet Shop application.  What I
saw in the screen shots looked trivial, though, so if someone could narrow
my searches down and point me towards something that clearly explains the
scope and requirements, it looks like it could be an interesting side
project for me to implement it using Ruby & Iowa, maybe as part 2 of my Iowa
tutorial (which is _almost_ done; *cheers*).

Thanks,

Kirk Haines