Nathaniel Talbott wrote:
>> Now for the hard one:
>> Combo boxes. This code works great under Linux,
>> but fails under Win:
(snip)
>Hmmm.... that code executes fine for me, although nothing gets printed when
>the window executes; just the initial p seems to get executed.
(snip)
>I've compiled ruby-gtk clean on this machine, and applied a couple of
>patches to Ruby, but other than that, I don't think there's anything special
>about my environment:
(snip)
>Sorry I can't do anything more than say "It works here", but I'll be willing
>to try anything else on my machine that you throw at me.

Thanks for trying. I finally tried a WinNT box
(my machine is Win98), and it had the same
problem. It's probably something about the
specific GTK or Ruby/GTK binaries that I
downloaded. I suspect if I were to rebuild
everything it would work fine.

However, I ended up recoding my app to avoid
using combo boxes. Now it works great under
Windows, and as it turns out the new UI is better
anyway!

Kevin