"Quirk" <quirk / syntac.net> wrote in message
news:4e20d3f.0405130341.8761e58 / posting.google.com...
> "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" <mooregr_deleteth1s / greenms.com> wrote in
message news:<0wBoc.183156$M3.141910 / twister.nyroc.rr.com>...

> > I'm curious about this terrible OS you refer to.  I know the one I use
is
> > stable, hasn't crashed on me once for SQL Server on 1/2 dozen machines
for
> > 4+ years and so far has not succumbed to any security holes.  Or is this
> > just blatant bias?
>
> Eeek. Someone actually wants me to discuss Windows.
>
> If you're really interested in learning, which I doubt, read this:

No, I don't seem to be the one who has the closed mind.

> http://kirch.net/unix-nt
>
> "Why Windows NT Server 4.0 continues to exist in the enterprise would
> be a topic appropriate for an investigative report in the field of
> psychology or marketing, not an article on information technology."

Interesting, but not the OS in question.

Thanks for playing troll.

> -- John Kirch, Networking Consultant and Microsoft Certified
> Professional
>
> NOTE TO SELF: remember to notice when groups like
> comp.databases.ms-sqlserver are in the newsgroup list and remove them
> in replies, lets at least maintain //some// level of quality in these
> discussions.

Yes, we would rather keep the level of discussion professional and based on
facts, so please, in the future excuse yourself.