Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:58:42 -0700 (MST)
From: Richard Stallman <rms / gnu.org>
Subject: Ruby license

I have obtained a copy of the Ruby license and studied it.  It has
some of the ambiguity problems of the Perl Artistic License, from
which it was derived.  Because of them, I can't say it is a free
software license.

Some small clarifications and small changes in the Perl Artistic
License make it a free software license and compatible with the
GPL--with little change in the meaning.  Would you please consider
replacing the Ruby license with that license?
----

というわけで、現状全体に問題があるという表現はされてなくて
(あると思ってるかもしれないけど)、Rubyのライセンス単体はフリー
ソフトウェアライセンスであるとは呼べないということなのだと思