Issue #3647 has been updated by yhara (Yutaka HARA).

Target version changed from 2.0.0 to next minor

Feature #3647: Array#sample(n, replace=false)

Author: mrkn (Kenta Murata)
Assignee: mrkn (Kenta Murata)
Category: core
Target version: next minor

=begin
 Array#sample does not support sampling with replacement directly, so we must write codes like the following to obtain samples with replacement.

   samples_with_replacement = n.times.map { source.sample }

 If Array#sample has the argument for switching with/without replacement, we can write it as follow.

   samples_with_replacement = source.sample(n, true)

 The patch was attached.  Please consider to merge.
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/