(2012/07/20 22:42), brixen (Brian Ford) wrote:
> I don't think I understand your question. To summarize my objection to this proposed API change: Thread stack size should be something set at the VM level completely outside of Ruby code. Ruby code should not be coupled with implementation details.

I think I understand your question.  And your question should be
discussed on ticket 6695 <https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/6695>.

My proposal is *not* adding "initial stack size parameter for thread
creation".
It is only "configurable thread parameters".  More general framework.

I propose "stack size parameter" at next ticket (using this ticket):
<https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/6695>

This ticket (6694):
  Change Thread.new() API to accept any initial parameters.

Next ticket (6695):
  New parameters including stack size (machine stack size and VM
  stack size).
  Not only stack size, but also "name" and others.
  I think "name" is killer usage of this ticket (6694).

--
// SASADA Koichi at atdot dot net