Feature #6241: Module#method_defined? with inherited flag

Author: nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: core
Target version: 2.0.0

=begin
Currently (({Module#method_defined?})) does not accept "(({inherited}))" flags as (({Module#instance_methods})) and others.
To tell if a method is defined at an exact class/module, we have to use bad idiom:

  mod.instance_methods(false).include?(:foo)

So I propose to let (({method_defined?})) and etc accept the flag.
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/