Issue #6133 has been updated by MartinBosslet (Martin Bosslet).

mame (Yusuke Endoh) wrote:
> Hello, emboss-san
>
> This is a feature request for openssl.
> OP wants a method to call SSL_shutdown to send the termination of a
> transmission.
>
> http://www.openssl.org/docs/ssl/SSL_shutdown.html
>
> What do you think?

Hello Yusuke,
thank you for the effort of translating this for me! So the problem
is that we don't explicitly expose shutdown in Ruby's OpenSSL API
and the OP would like to have that facility, did I understand
this correctly?

> Note that there is a subtle difference between the API and shutdown(2).
> As you may know.

Thanks for pointing this out - indeed, OpenSSL's shutdown behaves
differently than Socket's. But I think we can leave this complexity on
the side of the caller, shall they deal with it appropriately. I need
to investigate whether this would conflict with our internal handling
in sysclose, but if not, I tend to think nothing seems to prevent an
additional shutdown method.

-Martin
Feature #6133: SSLSocketをshutdownできない